Crail, Fife, Scotland
This evening, I am posting information on the picturesque village of Crail which is located on the coast of the East Neuk of Fife,about 55 miles N.E. of Edinburgh.
Crail is a very old-and once very important commercial port- but activities are now basically confined to some fishing with tourism the main activity.
- The name is derived from Caraile and means 'rock'.
- Home to a commercial pottery and the world's 7th oldest golf club, dating from 1786.
- Located on route of the 117 mile long Fife Coastal path.
- Attracts tourists with a wide range of interests including those focusing on crafts, photography and painting.
- At the harbour can be found the Crail Lobster Hut which specialises in fresh crustaceans
- There is a small, sandy beach which can be used in the warmer, summer months..
Crail Pottery products
Lobster pots at Crail Harbour
Crail Lobster Hut