Hamilton, an important Scottish town with a long history
Above and below are images of the Netherton Cross which now stands in the grounds of Hamilton Old Parish Church, Scotland.This cross:
- Dates from the 10th/11th centuries.
- Ranks as the oldest example of Christianity in Hamilton.
- Is an example of British Strathclyde sculpture influenced by Manx-Norse design.
- Originally stood in open ground in what is now Strathclyde Country Park.
- Was moved to its current location in 1925 with preservation in mind.
Hamilton Academical F.C. is a professional football (soccer) club in the Scottish Premier League.
Summary facts and information:
- Established 1874 as the school team of Hamilton Academy and progressively evolved into a professional team ranking in the top flight of Scottish Football.
- Home ground is New Douglas Park which was opened in 2001 and has a capacity of 6076.The pitch has an artificial surface.
- In 2018/9 season Hamilton ranked 10th in the Scottish Premier League.