An outstanding collection of Art Nouveau design tucked away in Glasgow southside.
Summary information on the building:
- Designed in 1902 by D.B.Dobson.
- A three-story, ashlar fronted building.
- Front designed in style of top Glasgow architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh
However, on gaining access to the interior, the visitor is presented with a visual feast of richly embellished and imaginatively designed stained glass complemented by elaborate and exotic carvings of dragons. The stained glass images mainly comprise nautical scenes.
Millar and Laing were art publishers and the decor was probably designed to impress visiting clients.
This building has, deservedly, been assigned top Grade 1 heritage ranking, although it is not a visitor attraction per se. Access by appointment with tenants.
Interior design at Lang & Miller Building