Ardverikie Estate,a filming location in the Scottish Highlands
This evening, I am posting information on the Ardverikie Estate in the Scottish Highlands. The house and locale recently achieved worldwide exposure through featuring in the T.V. series Monarch of the Glen.
Summary facts and information as follows:
- Forms part of a large Highland sporting estate owned by the Ramsden family.
- Located about 140 miles north of Glasgow.
- The house dates from 1877 and is built in Scottish Baronial style.
- The current house is the third such mansion on the site; the two predecessor buildings were both destroyed by fire.
- Queen Victoria stayed at the original house for one month in 1847.
- Located approximately half way between Newtonmore and Spean Bridge on the banks of Loch Laggan.
- On the estate there are available six houses for self-catering (vacation rental).
- The property is not a visitor attraction per se. The images herein were taken from the public road on opposite side of the loch.
- Ardverikie usually opens its gardens to the public during specified dates during May each year. Check website for details.