The Fairy Pools, a popular visitor attraction on the Isle of Skye, Scotland
This evening, I am posting information on the famous Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye, which lies off the west coast of Scotland. Summary facts:
- Located near Carbost and Talisker Distillery on the west of the island, about 20 miles south of Portree.
- Access entails a 1.5 mile return trip hike over rough ground and across streams.
- Parking can be difficult due to volume of visitors.
- Some brave visitors engage in ‘wild swimming’ although low water temperatures normally require use of wet suits.
- The pools form part of the River Brittle which in turn flows through Glen Brittle. (Glen means valley.)
- Backdrop to the pools is the Black Cuillin Hills which are of volcanic origin.
Video clip of Fairy Pools.