London Eye: A top visitor attraction in the U.K.
This evening, I am providing images and information on the famous London Eye landmark in London, England.
Summary information as follows:
- Located on London’s South Bank and ranks at the fourth tallest ferris wheel in the world.
- Dimensions are: 443 feet high and 394 foot diameter.
- Opened to the public in 2000 and now ranks as the most popular paid visitor attraction in the U.K. with about 3.75m visitors annually.
- Now the second highest viewing point in London.
- Originally intended as a temporary attraction but since extended to permanent tenure.
- The structure incorporates thirty-two sealed, air-conditioned capsules each of which can accommodate up to twenty-eight persons.
- Each revolution lasts about thirty minutes.