Day tour of London
Famous tea clipper, the Cutty Sark at Greenwich
This evening, I am reprising a day tour of London which was centred on sites around the River Thames.
First. I walked down from my hotel, via Chinatown and Trafalgar Square to connect with a tour boat on the Thames near the Houses of Parliament.Chinatown Rough Sleeper, Charing Cross Road. London is home to extremes of wealth and poverty.
Once on the Thames I encountered a wide spectrum of sites including:
- 3500 year old Egyptian obelisk.
- Various examples of exotic and modern architecture.#
- Replicas of items for the 16th century.
- Numerous and varied bridges.
- Old buildings dating back to the 16th century.
St Paul's Cathedral, early 18th century
National Gallery, Trafalgar Square
Nelson's Column, Trafalgar Square
Famous Anglican church, St Martin-in-the- Fields.