This evening, I am posting information on the small town of Donegal which is on the N.W. coast of the island of Ireland. Donegal is in the province of Ulster but is part of the Republic of Ireland. Summary facts and information concerning Donegal:
- Situated on the estuary of the River Eske and near to Lough Eske (lake).
- Population 2600.
- 227 Km from Dublin and 109 miles from Belfast.
- On the tourist route known as the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Features include:
- Ruined 16th century Friary (below)
- Locally made tweed and carpet.