This evening, I am posting information on the village of Sneem in County Kerry, S.W. Ireland.
Key charectistics of Sneem are:
- A very popular stop on the famous Ring of Kerry tour route around the Iveragh Peninsula.
- Resident population about 260 persons.
- Named after the River Sneem which flows through the village before emptying into the Kenmare River estuary and then the Atlantic Ocean.
- Is home to a number of visitor attractions (including a farm and ancient hill fort) and a base for local tour companies.
- Well resourced with shops, bars and restaurants catering for the high number of visitors.
Sneem Anglican Church ( 1810).
Sneem Village Green