Old Amersham Memorial Gardens
Fountain (with model battleship in top left)
This evening, I am reporting on the memorial gardens at Old Amersham in southern England following a recent visit to the site.
Amersham (pop 17,500 ) lies about thirty miles NW of London.
Key features of the gardens:
- Located in heart of Old Amersham.
- Commemorate the lives lost of military personnel in both words wars.
- A good spot for quiet reflection.
- Is home to model replicas of a famous battleship, two WW1 bi-planes and depiction of a lone soldier.The local scout group were closely involved in the creation of the models.
- The central water feature is surrounded by landscaped gardens.
- Summer band concerts are held in the gardens during alternate Sundays from May to September.
- The 13th century, St Mary's Church is positioned close by.
Model bi-plane with ancient church in background.
Patriotic plant display.