Bourton-on-the Hill: A quintessential Cotswold village in England
This evening, I am posting information on the quintessentially English Cotswold village of Bourton-on-the-Hill which is located in central England, about 20 miles south of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Facts and information on Bourton-on-the-Hill:
- Population about 300 persons.
- Populated by honey coloured stone cottages, many of which date from the 17th and 18th centuries.
- There is a church (illustrated below) and pub known as the Horse & Groom.
- As the name suggests, Bourton is located on a steep hill which in days past was part of the main Worcester to London coaching route.
- Located on the Heart of England Way, a 100 mile long recreational hiking route.
- Nearest town is Moreton-in-the-Marsh, two miles to the east.
- Many historic houses and visitor sites are within reach including Batsford Arboretum.