Black Rock Gorge, a scenic location in the Scottish Highlands which has been used for filming.
This evening, I am posting information on Black Rock Gorge which forms part of an impressive landscape in the N.W. Highlands of Scotland.
Summary information on this site as follows:
- Located in Glen Glass which can be accessed via a minor road a few miles north-west of Evanton, a village located on the northern side of the Cromarty Firth. Location is about 18 miles north of Inverness.
- Traditionally an area forming part of Clan Munro territory.
- The actual Gorge was carved out of Old Red Sandstone during the post-glacial period, maybe 10,000 years ago.
- The Gorge was used for a scene in the Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Can be accessed on foot via a hiking trail from Evanton.