Chelsea Football Club
This evening, I am posting information on the London based, Chelsea Football (soccer) Club.
Chelsea is a member of the English Premier League. This is the top level of the English football league system. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the English Football League. Seasons run from August to May with each team playing 38 matches.As of today, Chelsea sit at top of the Premier League.
Chelsea FC Women: Originally called Chelsea Ladies Football Club, was established in 1992 and has been affiliated with Chelsea Football Club since 2004. The first team competes in the FA Women's Super League, with the reserves playing in the FA WSL Development League Southern Division. This team currently ranks 2nd in the WSL.
.Summary information on the club as follows:
- Founded 1905 subsequent to which the club's fortunes, in terms of league and cup wins, have fluctuated considerably.
- Home stadium at Stamford Bridge, West London.
- Under ownership of Russian billionaire, Roman Abramovich Chelsea is now firmly entrenched in the upper echelons of England's Premier League.
- Kit comprises shirts and shorts in royal blue coupled with white socks.
- Ranked as the 7th most valuable football club in the world with value of GBP1.54BN and a global brand.
- Fan match attendance regularly exceeds over 40,000.
- Post 1996 Chelsea have won numerous cup trophies at both English and European levels.
- Current team sponsor is ZAPP, a start-up drinks and groceries delivery company.
- Tours of the stadium are available throughout the day and last about one hour.
Players' entrance tunnel to pitch. Note that official team sponsor is now ZAPP: "Zapp, the fast growing startup that delivers snacks, drinks, essential groceries and other everyday items within minutes, 24/7."