Tonight I am reporting on the popular Cornish coastal holiday resort of Looe. This name translates at 'pool' or 'inlet'.
Image of Looe Harbour
Information on Looe
Population is about 5280. It is divided in two by local rivers.
Location is 20 miles west of Plymouth in SW England and 7 miles south of Liskeard.
This seaside town combines all year round visitor facilities whilst retaining a working fishing port.Sea food is widely available at local eateries.
For the active there are distance walking routes whilst children can enjoy a safe, sandy beach with rockpools.
Proud seagull at Looe Harbour
Specific Interests for the Visitor
- Outdoor adventure activities
- Harbour Heritage Centre
- Zip wires and Go karting
- Area of Outstanding Natural beauty runs from Par along the coast towards Looe and inland up the river Fowey as far as St Winnow.
- Self-guided treasure trails.
- Looe Island, a marine nature reserve.
- The Looe Valley Railway Line links the historic market town of Liskeard with the picturesque fishing port of Looe by way of the East Looe river valley, a beautiful journey, especially in the spring.
- Looe-Tailand 7 mile walk taking in a wooded estuary.