Images of the English Costwolds
Thatched House, Chipping Campden
This evening, I am posting a portfolio of images of the English Cotswolds, a popular visitor site located about 100 miles N.W. of London. Here can be found a wide variety of sites and sights including:
- Rolling hills and farmland.
- Elaborate gardens.
- Thatched houses.
- Medieval churches.
- Honey-coloured stone houses.
- Prehistoric sites dating back c. 5000 years.
- Chedworth Villa and other Roman remains.
- Quaint villages such as Bourton-on-the-Water.
- Stratford-upon-Avon and Shakespeare's Birthplace.
- Grand and historic houses.
- Colourful fields.
- Intriguing back roads.
- Ancient market towns such as Chipping Campden and Stow-on-the-Wold.
Red Deer, Broadway
View from Broadway Tower
Shakespeare's Birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon
Painswick Rococo Garden
Mosaic at Chedworth Roman Villa
Hidcote Manor Garden
Market Hall, Chipping Campden
Chastleton House, Chipping Norton
Traitors Ford, Sibford
Horseshoe Inn, Shipston on Stour
Belas Knap Long Barrow. Prehistoric, circa 3000 BC
Oil Seed Rape (canola).